WSU GLOBAL CAMPUS ONLINE DEGREES | PROCTORING SERVICES
Important Information About Online Proctored Exams – Spring 2018
Update: January 12, 2018
WSU continues to work through the process of securing a third-party vendor to provide proctoring services spring semester 2018. We now anticipate having information about the proctoring service by January 19. We appreciate your patience as we work to provide the best alternative available.
We will update this site as we finalize online proctoring services details and will email students and instructors with specific information about how to use the service.
January 8, 2018
Due to technical issues that could impact academic integrity and the student experience, WSU Global Campus Proctoring Services (GCPS) virtual proctoring will not be available spring semester 2018.
We recognize this is an inconvenience to students and faculty, and WSU is quickly working to secure the services of an outside, third-party proctoring vendor, while the WSU technical team works to upgrade and improve the system for future semesters.
We anticipate having information about alternate online proctoring by Friday, January 12, and we will update this site as soon as information becomes available.What this means for students:
- The week of January 8, we will email students and instructors who have been impacted, about how to schedule, pay for and take online proctored exams spring semester.
- Third-party proctored exam fees will be $18, which is the same rate charged by WSU GCPS. Please be aware that rush scheduling will incur additional out of pocket fees.
- If you were charged online proctoring fees to your student account, those fees will be credited (or reversed) by Monday, Jan. 15.
- If you scheduled and paid for a spring 2018 online exam through GPCS, your credit card will be refunded by Friday, Jan. 19.
- If you scheduled a writing placement or writing portfolio timed writing exam for the week of Jan. 8, the GCPS manager will contact you on Monday, Jan. 8 to help with alternate arrangements.
Please note: GCPS will continue to facilitate exam arrangement and delivery of face-to-face, on-site proctored exams spring 2018.
If you have questions, contact GCPS at email@example.com.